Monday, November 19, 2012

My Thirteen-Month Goal

It's official! I've decided to spend three months after graduation in Ghana living and working at an orphanage on an administrative assignment to help fund raise, coordinate community efforts, and to help make the kids' overall lives in the orphanage better. Look at these beautiful smiles; who wouldn't want to spend all day coloring with them?!


Although I'm only spending three actual months in Ghana, my time with the orphanage starts now. Between December 2012 and December 2013, my goal is to create and implement a strategic plan that creates a sustainable financial structure to ensure that these wonderful children are never without a home.

The unfortunate truth is that four of the original eleven beautiful children have already been placed in the Ghanaian social welfare system because the orphanage can simply not afford to keep more children than finances allow. When I heard this story from the founder, my heart broke. If for no other reason than this, my mission is to create a long-lasting and healthy environment for these and many more children to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment