Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Thankfulness-Filled Day!

Today I have three BIG things to be thankful for:

- You might have noticed on my gift registry that today, the Canon All-in-One Printer vanished from the Wish List. Thanks to the Danville Pharmacy, now I will be able to easily send and print pictures back to the US during my time in Ghana, as well as improve professionalism in order to document progress and strategic planning moving forward. An important part of time spent in Ghana will focus on refining a business plan and developing a more financially sound long-term plan. Being able to document this and print and send necessary files to and from key partners will be an important part of my goals for the orphanage and foundation.

- My mom has helped and supported me so much by helping secure donations of toothbrushes and toothpaste from our local dentist, as well as working with the Danville Pharmacy to help support my travel and vision. Encouragement from parents and friends has meant so much to me!

- Close friend Nancy Weigle has been so active in pursuing donations from her circle of friends, collecting tons of toothbrushes and toothpaste as well (notice a trend?! these basic things are actually incredibly necessary). Between her efforts and the efforts of my mom, hopefully the lovely children will have clean teeth and pearly whites for quite a while!


Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment